In this tutorial you will learn how to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 I1900 to Gingerbread XXKG1 2.3.4 Firmware by easily steps. After update your phone to latest 2.3.4 firmware you will noticed many improvements in phone performance like Video Calling enabled in the G-talk, Increased Battery life and free RAM also increased after this updates.
Since it is a leaked version of Gingerbread 2.3.4 update and not the official KIES 2 version. However official release of this update is coming soon, but if you don’t want to wait then you can try this at their own risk.
Pre update Instructions for this process :
- First of all make sure that your phone model is Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, not any other similar looking phone. If you will try to follow this process on any other phone then your phone may be damaged.
- Create a full backup of your all contacts, applications, Music, Video and any other types of data with the help of backup apps to ensure that your phone data may not get corrupted.
- Remove the SIM card as well as external storage SD cardto ensure that your phone data may not get corrupted.
- This process may take some time so please make sure that you have battery backup as battery consumption is maximum while updation process.
- You have installed only Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating system on your Computer or Laptop and firewall and antivirus applications are disabled.
- Download as these below listed files
2. Odin3 v 1.83
Step by Step procedure for update Samsung Galaxy S2 I1900 to Gingerbread XXKG1 2.3.4 Firmware :
- Open the file Odin.exe from the folder ‘Odin3 v1.85′, you will see a windows like below image on your screen.
- Next step is that Switch Off your phone to put it in to the download mode, for this you have to press and hold the Volume down button with the Power key to turn the mobile in the download mode like the actual screenshot on Samsung Phone in download mode.
- Now Connect your phone via USB cable to the Computer, after successfully connectivity between these u will see the screen like below images in which you can see the COM ID 15 as yellow color.
- Now add the following below files in the corresponding options :
PIT – u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit
PDA – CODE_I9100XXKG1_CL349526_REV02_user_low_ship.tar
Phone – MODEM_I9100XXKG1_REV_02_CL1034110.tar
- Click on the “Start” button inorder to start the updation process and wait for some time. Please don’t interrupt this in meanwhile, as soon as your device will install the latest 2.3.4 firmware it will be automatically reboot.
- After rebooted your phone can use removed it from USB cable connectivity, but still your phone has previous firmware in cache memory. Now you have to clear your cache by dialing *2767*3855#. For checking your latest Firmware version daily *#1234# from your mobile.