HTC has released the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the HTC Desire. Earlier an leaked version of 2.3 Gingerbread released, but this time HTC official released this. In this latest firmware many HTC apps have been removed, which is available separately to download like Facebook etc.
Since its a official update version, so doesn’t need to root access and also no issue with your phone warranty. After this update you have to configure your all APN, MMS and data services settings from your network service provider.
Changes in latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread update :
- All customizations, including operator applications, will be removed.
- All wallpapers, except the default wallpaper, will be removed and placed online on the HTC Developer website.
- Several HTC applications will be removed and placed online on the HTC Developer website.
- The official Facebook application will be removed and is downloadable on the Android Market.
Pre upgrade instructions for this process :
- First of all make sure that your HTC phone model number is Desire, not any other similar looking mobile phone because this tutorial is only for this device. If you will try to follow these steps on any other mobile than you may faced some serious issues or damaged.
- Back up or synced your contacts, call logs, messages, applications, music, video and any other types of data else all the data will be lost or corrupted.
- Remove the external storage cards as well as SIM card to ensure that no data doesn’t get corrupted.
- You can also create backup of all of Internet APN settings, MMS settings, which you can re-enter after successfully update your device to the new Gingerbread 2.3 firmware.
- This process make take some time so ensure that you have battery backup as power consumption is at high while the whole process.
- Ensure that you have installed Windows XP, Vista or 7 operating system and all firmware or antivirus program are disabled.
Step by step procedure to update HTC Desire for Gingerbread 2.3
- After download the upper zip file you will need to extracted the same in your Computer. Now connect your phone to the Computer with the help of data cable.
- Now open RUU file, as soon as RUU file is executed all the content will be extracted and than follow all instructions.
- Now wait for some time and please don’t interrupt this process in meanwhile. As soon as this update is completed, your device will automatically reboot.