Here is a good news for Nexus S 4G users. Gingerbread 2.3.5 firmware now available official for your device as Google promised. If you want to download and install this latest firmware on your Nexus S device than you should follow all below steps.
After update your phone firmware you will notice several improvements in your phone like improves Wi-Fi connectivity, speakerphone audio quality and adds TTY support for the deaf, hard of hearing, update GRJ90 should bring 4G fixes, tweaks, and full support for the smartphone’s secure NFC transceiver.
Key Features include in this update:
- 1GHz Samsung application processor that produces rich 3D-like graphics, faster upload and download times and supports HD-like multimedia content
- Dedicated Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) to make playing mobile games, browsing the Web and watching videos a fast, fluid and smooth experience
- AMOLED™ touchscreen technology on a 4-inch Contour Display
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera and camcorder and front-facing VGA camera.
- Gyroscope sensor to provide a smooth gaming experience when the user tilts the device up or down or pans the phone to the left or right
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to six Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, which allows the device to read information from everyday objects, like stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips.
Pre instructions which you should follow before this update :
- First of all make sure that your phone model is Nexus S 4G, not any other similar looking phone. If you will try to follow this process on any other phone then your phone may be damaged.
- Create a full backup of your all contacts, applications, Music, Video and any other types of data with the help of backup apps to ensure that your phone data may not get corrupted.
- This process may take some time so please make sure that you have battery backup as battery consumption is maximum while updation process.
- You have installed only Windows XP, Vista and 7 operating system on your Computer or Laptop and firewall and antivirus applications are disabled.
- Latest version of KIES should be install in your system as it will automatically install all required drivers.
- Download as these below listed file :
Step by Step guide to update 2.3.4 firmware on Nexus S 4G :
- After download the above firmware file, next step is rename it to “update.zip” and then connect your phone to the Computer with the help of USB cable and upload the update.zip file in the root of your phone SD card.
- Reboot your phone in to the recovery mode by holding and press Volume up key with Power button, Choose Recovery from the bootloader menu and you will see a triangle with an exclamation mark as soon as your phone will reboot in recovery mode you will see a notice on your device screen.
- Now select “Apply SD Card Update.zip” option with the help of Volume UP keys and then select the uploaded update.zip file.
- Wait for some minutes until latest update is being completed. after that select “Reboot Now” option. That’s it.